Join our lively,
supportive work environment!
Language Center is a
foreign language services company offering language instruction to
adults, interpreting, translation, and proficiency testing. We provide our
to public and private schools, businesses, social service
hospitals, clinics and individuals.
in 1985, it is a
multi-cultural, multi-lingual work environment with an emphasis on
language acquisition, professional development, teamwork and
We are actively seeking
experienced Spanish and Chinese Teachers for a variety of K-5 assignments
in Orono, Minneapolis, Lakeville, Eagan, Apple Valley and Rosemount. This
is a great opportunity for you if you are looking to supplement a
100% position or if you prefer to work just 5-10 hours per week.
You'll have the opportunity to work with motivated children, supportive
creative colleagues and an enthusiastic management team. We
provide the curriculum, materials and on-going professional development. You
provide the love for kids & languages. What's more, there
are no tests, grades or report cards to worry about!
Spanish & Chinese Teachers for 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Teach Spanish (in Spanish) OR Chinese (in Chinese) to grades K-5 in elementary schools throughout the Twin Cities. Experience with Kindergarten preferred!
- Part-time Monday & Wednesday and/or Tuesday & Thursday assignments take place before school approximately 8:00-9:30 a.m. depending on location. After-school assignments take place approximately 2:00-3:00 p.m. or 3:30-4:30 p.m. depending on location.
- Compensation includes contact time, travel time, prep time and mileage reimbursement.
- 5 to 10 hours per week, mornings or afternoons or both.
- Work in teams with our 20+ native Spanish speakers and talented teachers.
- Paid orientation, training, professional development and monthly staff meetings.
- Curricula, lesson plans, teaching materials and student homework all provided.
How to Apply
- B.A.in a language-related or educational field
- Superior proficiency in Spanish or Chinese. Classes are taught in the target language.
- Practical teaching experience with children
- Reliable transportation. (Public transportation is not a viable option to some of our locations).
- Authorization to work in the United States, a Minnesota teaching license is NOT required.
- Background check upon offer of employment.
University Language Center, Inc.
4445 W. 77th St., Suite 110
Minneapolis, MN 55435
Click here for directions to our offices.
A better way to LEARN a language.
A better way to TEACH a language.
| Home | Language Instruction
| Translating and Interpreting | Language